Chai Lifeline’s guiding principles are
- That seriously ill children need and deserve as happy and normal a childhood as possible;
- That illness affects each member of the family;
- That the well-being of an ill child is impacted by the well-being of his or her family;
- That pediatric illness can have a devastating financial effect on families.
With this in mind, Chai Lifeline strives to
- Find ways to bring joy to the lives of our young patients and their families through creative, innovative, and effective family-centered programs, activities, and services;
- Engender hope and optimism in children, families, and communities;
- Educate and involve communities in caring for ill children and their families;
- Provide unparalleled support throughout the child’s illness, recovery, and beyond;
- Offer all services free of charge to ensure that every family has access to the programs it needs;
- Embody the ideals of compassion, kindness, and caring for others inherent in Jewish culture and life.